Parent - Child Communication Style

By iameunicegm - 11:40 PM

 Hello there, 



Have you heard of the different communication style that one have with people? There are different communication styles and if you google more about it, you will find that different people may have different communication style which they used with different people. 

Among my friends, I think it depends on which group of people that I am in and I think most of the time, it's a adult to adult communication style. There are some moments where the communication styles may change depending on who or what we are talking about. 

Tonight, I tried my best to use an adult to adult communication style with someone that I care strongly about and it came off as a parent to child communication for that person. I wanted to enforced boundaries and positive communication but those are not happening as I could feel we are starting to drift apart slowly. Somehow, they don't feel the same way and decided that I had something against them instead. 

It could all be the way of us communicating and given that it has always been a changing relationship, somehow tonight, it seems, a little off. 

They left the keys on the dining table and when I asked, Why? 

The response was, some mumbling and off they went, out of the door.

I'm putting these thoughts in here and see if anyone could analyze what went wrong. It could be the many incidents that brought us to this point. It could be the many grief and regrets that we got that make today what it is. 

It feels.. emotional having to see a relationship that stood so strong before, slowly fading away. I want to maintain and improve this relationship but I don't know how much more should I do or wait. 

Perhaps this whole post may not give the reader the full story behind it but this is what it is for tonight. 

What went wrong? 

xoxo,

eunicegm

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Be nice. Any weird comments will go down the spam drain.
Receiving happy vibes!